Sunday, August 8, 2010

Easy Chipboard Die-cut Card

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend as it is coming to an end. =( My boyfriend and I baked this wonderful zucchini bread this afternoon. I'm extra happy because it came out so well and it was my first ever attempt at baking bread! =))))))




I have here for you an extremely quick and easy boys birthday card. It requires no patterned paper as you will be creating your own background with the cardstock. It's very tricky for many card makers to make "boy-themed" cards in general. You'll want to be careful with your colors--I'm sure that would've been one of the first things that came to mind. I chose darker colors--a forest-y green-colored cardstock to start things off.

Provo Craft Cuttlebug A2 Embossing Folder Happy Birthday A2-37-1133, 2 Item(s)/OrderI used a Cuttlebug embossing folder (which I pre-inked with silver) for the background and glittered select areas of the background to give it some sparkle.


Stars are a great unisex shape to use for guys, so that's what I went for. Finally, I topped it off with the numbers 21 that I purchased from a set of chipboard stickers (your choice).

*This is also a great card for your kids to make on their own!

 Stay cool and have fun,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for stopping in! :)