Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Cousin's Wedding

Back in August, I attended my cousin's wedding. As with any Chinese celebratory events, white is not an acceptable color. Despite that tradition, I do like the pureness of white and its roots in American culture so I don't really hold back especially when I know that the couple themselves aren't tradition. In this case, my cousin was marrying a Jewish man. When you're willing to branch out in that way, traditions are loosely followed. Therefore, I made a card with "inappropriate" colors but then followed through to disguise the card by creating an envelope that isn't predominantly white. This pleases my aunt and uncle because they will not see anything but the exterior...hopefully...




No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for stopping in! :)