Monday, March 5, 2012

Love of My Life Quilled Card

It was a beautiful 58 degrees on Saturday which is really rare in New York City. I took the opportunity to go for a long walk at the park. What did you do this weekend? I wish all winters were this warm--then we'd all be in lovely moods all the time! I even saw daffodils growing in yards already!

This week there is another Etsy workshop on drawing in Brooklyn. I am pretty excited! It was a lot of fun last time and this time I am looking forward to learning something new!

Today I want to introduce my window card. I have a lot of pictures for this card because I was getting really excited about the details of it!
The way this card is, you really need to be careful where you write the message on the inside otherwise it will show through (I have done that before, oops!). To help you make sure you don't do that, all you need to do is write your message on the space around the vellum paper (see last image for interior of card to see what I mean).

I added extra puffed ink to make the swirls pop at the tips. It is an extremely raised background!



I will be entering this card for Day 3 - Pretty In Pink at 365 Cards and Sketch 155 at Card Patterns.





Etsy

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful surprise;I think it's the best card ever and it's really gorgeous and I would love everybody to see it and express its admiration.
    This March 4th I celebrate 12 happy mariagge years and on March,the 15th it's Dana's birthday-and I would love to offer you a piece of cake and a glass of wine as a sign of veritable friendship and love we feel for you!
    Dana+aureliaeugenia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! That quilling is amazing!! Thank you for joining us over at 365 Cards!!!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for stopping in! :)