Thursday, March 1, 2012

Thanks For The Memories, A Goodbye/Farewell Card

I feel like I've been making a lot of blue cards lately. I think it might be because I left it out from last time! I have to make a note to put it away before I start on a new card! lol

This card was made for Day 365 at 365 Cards. The theme was a goodbye card. "Thanks for the memories" I thought was suitable for a farewell/goodbye card because I feel that even though the person is (people are) leaving, you should not forget what they have done for you during your time together. Therefore, this card can be given to anyone you may be saying goodbye to: teacher, coworker, friend, etc.

The flourishes were quilled with white paper and the white flower was painted with acrylic paint as I did before for one of my other cards. "Thanks for the memories" is on a white vellum sheet. I created a pattern on the base of the cardstock by using Versamark Ink.

This is the inside of the card. I wanted the pattern paper there, but I also wanted to leave space for people to write their farewell messages. The vellum overlay was perfect because you can see through it to the pattern, but also write on top as well. It was the perfect balance of elegance for me.

Before I go today, I want to make sure I thank aureliaeugenia for her beautiful dedication to me on her blog today. Even though today was rainy and cast a gloomy mood on things overall, I am full of good spirits! Take a look at what she made:
If you have a moment, stop by her blog and say a friendly "hello!" :)





Etsy

2 comments:

  1. Good morning,Eileen!!!
    I wanted yo make a surprise and..I succeed it!
    I am so happy that I changed your mood and brought you a smile !There's a saying:"the ones that are alike,they gather togheter !"
    See,Blue and Blue!!!It's beautiful and unusual!
    This new card is soooooooooo special and I love it everyway(even the inside part makes you dream -you know,a summer day when the sky is so clean and everyting looks perfect!Untill next time,take good care,aureliaeugenia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning,Eileen!!!
    I wanted yo make a surprise and..I succeed it!
    I am so happy that I changed your mood and brought you a smile !There's a saying:"the ones that are alike,they gather togheter !"
    See,Blue and Blue!!!It's beautiful and unusual!
    This new card is soooooooooo special and I love it everyway(even the inside part makes you dream -you know,a summer day when the sky is so clean and everyting looks perfect!Untill next time,take good care,aureliaeugenia

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for stopping in! :)