Saturday, June 9, 2012

Cheering You On Cheerleader Quilled Pom Poms Card

Having a nice Saturday night? We're laying low and stayed in most of the day except to go to brunch this afternoon because it's hot out. 

This is an encouragement card in which I played with silhouettes and shadows. Pom poms were quilled by rolling white and pink fringed paper strips. I cut out the letters and 2 cheerleaders. You can get this free cheerleader clipart from Sports Clipart. The pink layers were painted with acrylic paint. Offset the top cheerleader image in pink a little and adhere using pop up foam dots. The 2 strips of paper going across are quilling paper strips. Cardstock is actually silver but it was hard to capture by camera. 

This card will be entered in:
-ATCs and Cards with Attitude Challenge 15 Anything Goes/Fathers Day 
-Joyful Stamper Inspire Me Fridays #62 Anything Goes
-Petals to Picots I <3 Fridays Link Party 6/8

5 comments:

  1. Rah! Rah! Fantastic card. Really love it and how you did the cheerleader with the flower pompoms. Very well done. Thanks so much for entering ATC's Card with Attitude Challenge. You can enter this card in our Fat Pages challenge also. The link is on our site. We have Top 3 winners now too! Hope to see you next time!
    Manderly
    xxxooo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Eileen you are somebody important !I am so satisfied with it!(as I read on the first comment)
    Love the Pom Poms and the card is adorable!
    What I still don't know is how to post a picture/image on a challenge blog-so I can see it next to the others!This was and still is my problem!Whenever you can find the time may be you'll tell me-sorry for bothering you so often!
    Dana came back,finally ,so tired but full of new experiences and images.This next week I will post them! My husband want to louse a little weight and we decided to change the way of eatting:sallades and grills and no sweets !Dana will eat the same and it feels good-she has the right weight for her age and I am happy about it! I will writte you more today or tomorrow! There are allready 31 degrees Celsius and on Wednesdy ...37!!!! it is scarring! hugs and cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So perfect! I love the offset effect and the fringed flower pom-poms are just the right touch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sdorable card, love the pom poms!!
    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay, I feel encouraged by looking at your card. :) It's a gorgeous card. The white shadow gives the card a 3D-effect, which I find to be super cool.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for stopping in! :)