Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Yellow Flocked Cat You're Purrrfect Card

*This post was set up in advance because I am away this week and next.*

How many of you have pets? I have 2 cats that are turning 3 in August. :) This week we are celebrating our furry friends near and far at Tuesday Alchemy. Sponsors for this week are Latte Dah Designs  & Bee Happy Kit/Di's Digital Downloads, so play for prizes! 
The cat was stamped and is applied with some flocking powder (a.k.a. crushed velvet). Sentiment was chalked with multiple types of oranges and reds. This is an old Cat stamp set by Inkadinkado. I took a picture of it zoomed in, so maybe you can see the fibers. 
I leave you today with my daily cat visitor. I took a picture of her through the railing. 




Entered in: MIM #95 with Cupcake Cards & CraftPTT#74-Anything Goes

13 comments:

  1. Such a fab technique on your card Eileen and looks really effective
    x catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cats - said Marinel ( MEOW )
    The technique is fabulous !! I hope you enjoy your holidays,we already miss you !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Eileen! I have two cats (12 year old boy & 4 year old girl) & a 3 1/2 year old dog, who is a lab/weim mix - He is 105 lbs of pure sweetness :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. interesting card. :) Beautiful smile cats :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. great job! you're so good at different techniques. i'm not a cat lover myself, other than hello kitty! haha!:) but at the moment. i have 1 dog and a turtle. i really want a micro pig or a potbelly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is adorable, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So interesting technique you used on the card! The card is just purrrrrfect! Lol! And I love cats! I have now only one cat, but before had up to several at once!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Eileen, this is such a fabulous creation. Love the cute cat image with flocking powder. Thank you for sharing with us at Make It Monday this week.... :)

    Remember, to be in the running to win the prize from our sponsor this week just leave a comment for another entry. Be sure to mention you saw them on Make It Monday. The more entries you comment on the more chances you have of winning!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great technique! Lovely card.

    Followed your link from MIM. I'm 73, 81 & 83 this week. I'd love it if you to stop by and comment on your favourite one.

    Cheers,
    Kasey ~ in Oz

    ReplyDelete
  10. Simply an adorable card Eileen. I love how you used flocking for the fur on the cute kitty. I haven't had a cat in 20 years (don't tell Hercules I had cats before him)and the image you used reminds me of my Egor. He was so precious.

    Hugs

    Laine

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love cats and I love CAS designs, so this card is just "purrfect". Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Eileen, yep as Pia says, this card is purrrrfect lol....thanks also for getting back to me on the image I just wanted to ask your permission first. Hey I have a pure chocolate labrador dog, Thye, named after Thailand where I love to go holidaying, she's 3 and the most loyal pet one could have...take care..xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. The technique look very effective...look applicable to Gift Card envelopes.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for stopping in! :)